While working as a DTP operator, I have recently started to draw fowl and phoenix using Adobe Illustrator because I was very much impressed by works of Itoh Jakuchu, a well-known Japanese painter.
As I am not aware of it, but partly because being influenced by Itoh Jakuchu and partly because I love Ukiyo-e, my works are considered to be Japanese-style.
However, the fact is I prefer drawing a lifeless and absolute world which makes people feel horrible when they see it.
- Matrix of the Mind: Contemporary Fine Art by Japanese Artists at Agore gallery in New York
- Art Sydney 2009
- The Sydney Affordable Art Fair
- Art Collection in Sydney 2011 at Tom Dunne Gallery
- finalist prizes for Asia Digital Art Award in 2008
- finalist prizes for TAGBOAT AUTUMN AWARD 2009
- semi-finalist prize at ASIA GRAPH 2009
- finalist prizes for Asia Digital Art Award in 2009
- finalist prizes for Setsugekka New York Prize
- finalist prizes for Sakura Exhibition 2010 Hyoga Prize
- Best in Realistic prize for The 11th International Illustration Competition
- finalist prizes for Asia Digital Art Award in 2010
- finalist prizes for Sakura Exhibition 2011 ART SPACE Prize